What is Laboratory Proficiency Test?
Inter-laboratory comparison and laboratory proficiency test (in other words, external quality control test) provides an objective evaluation of the accuracy and reliability of laboratory calibration, test and analysis results. Proficiency and comparison tests are also national or international performance indicators within the sector in which laboratories operate.
How Does Test Program Work?
The important steps of test cycles are:
• Homogeneous samples are delivered to participating laboratories by the proficiency test provider.
• Test results of participating laboratories are presented to the test provider. The relevant statistical procedure is applied to determine assigned value. The application of this procedure depends on the test content. For example mean value calculation, assigned value calculation, reference value calculation etc.
• Performance of participating laboratories is evaluated for samples in each cycle, based on the assigned value. Statistical calculations are carried out by the test provider according to ISO 17043.
• Private and confidential reports are prepared for each laboratory and delivered in 15 days.
These cycles are repeated on certain dates. Thus, the change of a laboratory's test and analysis results over time can also be evaluated.
Within the laboratory proficiency test, a single parameter can be presented, as well as many parameters can be presented in a single reference sample set. Laboratories can participate for a single parameter or for multiple parameters.
Labsert Laboratory Proficiency Tests
As Labsert, we offer inter-laboratory comparison and proficiency testing programs to institutes with our business partner Global Proficiency (ISO 17043 IANZ Accredited). With comprehensive programs, we enable laboratories to reach international programs, especially environmental and water analysis. All proficiency tests and comparison tests are organized in accordance with the requirements of ISO / IEC 17043.
The general specifications of the proficiency tests which are offered by our business partner Global Proficiency are:
1. Laboratory proficiency tests are regulated according to ISO 17043 accreditation. (IANZ Accredited Client No: 3285)
2. Detailed statistical reports and Z score values at the end of external quality tests are created by the accredited proficiency test provider.
3. Participants can be private and public laboratories from Turkey and several other countries.
4. In our tests, two separate samples containing different concentrations of the same parameters are sent to the participants. Participants submit 2 separate results for 2 separate samples and receive 2 separate reports. In these reports, there are 2 separate Z score values calculated separately for each parameter.
Custom-Made Comparison Tests
Special request external quality control tests offered for accredited laboratories mean inter-laboratory comparison tests independent of time and content (Quick-Turn Proficiency Testing). In this test group, the laboratory determines the contents it needs (eg test parameters, matrix, analysis method) and shares this content with the comparison test provider. If the requested content is found suitable for the test cycle, a suitable date is determined for the participant. Afterwards, the test is organized and the comparison test report containing the Z score and other statistical results is presented to the participants.
Special request external quality control tests are performed with the participation of at least 2 or 3 accredited laboratories. When the test request form is shared with the test provider, this information is shared by the test provider with other participating laboratories and the test cycle is performed with all participating laboratories.